Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Watermelon Salsa Recipe



I come across a lot of recipes on Pinterest and lots of them look really good.  Unfortunately, not all of them taste really good.  So I've decided to start posting the ones that do (or the ones that do with a bit of alteration) onto my own blog.  You can be confident that any recipe you read on my blog has been tested in the Lemmon kitchen and found to be delicious.

The latest recipe to emerge from the Lemmon test kitchen is watermelon salsa.  I found the original recipe on Pinterest and it was very exact.  All the ingredients were measured in spoonfuls and quarters of cups.  I'm not good at that.  I like to be more approximate...which is probably to say that I'm just lazy.

At any rate, here's my rewritten watermelon salsa recipe (which, by the way, turned out absolutely great!)

1/4 of a seedless watermelon diced into cubes
1/2 of a cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into smaller pieces then the watermelon
1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper (depending on how hot you like it) seeded and diced into very small pieces
1/2 of a red bell pepper seeded and diced into pieces the same size as the cucumber
1/3 of an onion diced
6 basil leaves finely chopped
4 mint leaves very finely chopped
1/4 of a bunch of cilantro chopped (about 1/3 cup)
the juice from one lime
a good, long squeeze of honey (about 2 tbspns worth)
a couple shakes of salt

Stir all the ingredients together and let them sit covered in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.

This salsa is amazing.  I thought it sounded good, but it was even better than it sounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment