Saturday, April 14, 2012

DIY in My Daughter's Room

I should have taken "before" photos.  I should have taken "before" photos.  I should have taken "before" photos.  There.  Now I have drilled it into my brain and I will never forget again.  Let's hope not anyway.  I guess I just get so caught up in actually living life that I forget sometimes that I am going to blog about life later.

So my husband and I just recently re-did our daughter's room.  Vienna is two and a half and we decided that it was about time she moved out of the crib and into a toddler bed.  (I held out as long as I could.  She is my baby.)  My husband took a hand-me-down toddler bed that wasn't all that great to begin with (it was a WalMart special) and completely transformed it with a coat of ivory paint.  We then painted an old oak dresser (a cast off from a 10 year old spare bedroom set) the same ivory color, accenting the drawers in pink and blue and adding new porcelain pulls.  My son had a toy storage rack that I had bought for him from IKEA about 5 years ago that he donated to his sister, so Steve painted that ivory as well and then painted the interior in the same pink and blue accent colors.  The whole ensemble turned out really great and it only cost us about $10 in paint and $15 in new pulls for the drawers.

Here is a photo of the completed dresser:
Just goes to show you that a little "re-imagination" can go a long way.  My next project is to create a great accent wall for her room for under $100.  I will post pics when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment