Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chili Lime Glazed Shrimp Recipe



This is my second addition to the "Lemmon tested - Lemmon approved" Pinterest recipe log.  I see so many recipes that look great on Pinterest, but not all of them end up being yummy.  So I've started a list for you of recipes that I have found on Pinterest, tested, and found to be full of lovely deliciousness!  Of course, in many (OK most) cases I've changed the recipes from their original form...sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  Also, as I've noted before, I tend to cook by adding a little of this and a little of that.  I almost never measure anything unless I'm baking.  So, sometimes my recipes can be a little vague.  But that allows you to experiment as well...to adjust things to your own taste.  The fact is that great cooking isn't rocket science!  It's personal.  It's finding your own perfect balance of flavors.  I am trying to measure a little though for recipes that I know I will be posting on the blog.

So here's what I made tonight...Chile Lime Glazed Shrimp.

It was yummy.  Really yummy.  I did not have a single shrimp remaining.  My boys loved it as did my hubby.  The baby was not interested in trying it.  But, then again, she isn't interested in much if it isn't shaped like Dora or covered in chocolate.

Here are the ingredients:

1 1/2 - 2 lbs of shrimp...deveined, peeled, tails off.  I bought a big bag of frozen shrimp (with coupons) and thawed them overnight in the fridge.  Then I made the marinade and as I peeled each shrimp I dropped it in the marinade bowl.  That way I only had to marinate them for 15 minutes in the fridge after I finished peeling them and they were great. 
Juice from 2 limes
2 Tbsp light virgin olive oil (you could substitute almost any light flavored oil here)
1 1/2 inch squeeze of diced Garlic in the tube (or 2-3 cloves if you dice it yourself)
1 1/2 inch squeeze of Ginger in the tube (1 tsp crushed fresh ginger)
3 Tbsp brown sugar (lightly packed)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika (very approximate...a little more...a little less)
1 tsp Mesquite seasoning (or you could use almost anything else that sounds good)
1 tsp cayenne pepper flakes (again, subjective)

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and drop shrimp in.  Marinate for at least 15 minutes but up to an hour.  Heat a small amount of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.  Saute shrimp for a couple minutes on each side...just enough to cook to opacity and get a nice glaze on each side.

That's it!  Super easy and I promise you the sweet, hot crunch will bring you back for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment