Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cheap Chic

I love TJ Maxx.  I could so easily spend hundreds of dollars there weekly.  But I don't.  In fact, one of my great joys is finding items that are perfect for my home and also on clearance.  Finding something on clearance at TJ Maxx is kind of like winning the lottery.  Or maybe it's just me.

At any rate, today my husband and I were browsing the aisles when we ran across a wood plank with a wrought iron shelf.  It was on clearance for $9.  My husband picked it up to show me because he thought it looked interesting, but then put it back because he didn't see what we'd do with it.  I rescued it because I had just the idea.


We brought the shelf home and hung it by our door from the kitchen to the garage.  I had a simple glass vase that came with the roses from hubby on Valentine's day.  I also had river rocks in my craft closet and dried basil and lavender left over from another decorating project.  Voila!  I love it.  The vase is a tad too small for the shelf, but it will do until I run across something better. 

One of my latest decorating kicks has been to try to instill more greenery into our indoor lives.  We've picked up some houseplants, I've been decorating with more dried herbs, and we've even done a few tasteful silk plant type things.  It makes the house feel more fresh and vibrant. 

At any rate, my $9 find made my day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment